1. יהוה spoke to Moses, saying,
2. “If anyone sins, and commits a trespass against יהוה, and deals falsely with his neighbor in a matter of deposit, or of bargain, or of robbery, or has oppressed his neighbor,
3. Or has found that which was lost, and dealt falsely therein, and swearing to a lie; in any of all these things that a man does, sinning therein;
4. Then it shall be, if he has sinned, and is guilty, he shall restore that which he took by robbery, or the thing which he has gotten by oppression, or the deposit which was committed to him, or the lost thing which he found,
5. Or any thing about which he has sworn falsely; he shall restore it even in full, and shall add a fifth part more to it. To him to whom it belongs he shall give it, in the day of his being found guilty.
6. He shall bring his trespass offering to יהוה, a ram without blemish from the flock, according to your estimation, for a trespass offering, to the priest.
7. The priest shall make atonement for him before יהוה, and he will be forgiven concerning whatever he does to become guilty.”
8. יהוה spoke to Moses, saying,
9. “Command Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘This is the law of the burnt offering: the burnt offering shall be on the hearth on the altar all night until the morning; and the fire of the altar shall be kept burning on it.
10. The priest shall put on his linen garment, and he shall put on his linen breeches upon his body; and he shall remove the ashes from where the fire has consumed the burnt offering on the altar, and he shall put them beside the altar.
11. He shall take off his garments, and put on other garments, and carry the ashes outside the camp to a clean place.
12. The fire on the altar shall be kept burning on it, it shall not go out; and the priest shall burn wood on it every morning: and he shall lay the burnt offering in order upon it, and shall burn on it the fat of the peace offerings.
13. Fire shall be kept burning on the altar continually; it shall not go out.
14. “‘This is the law of the meal offering: the sons of Aaron shall offer it before יהוה, before the altar.
15. He shall take from there his handful of the fine flour of the meal offering, and of its oil, and all the frankincense which is on the meal offering, and shall burn it on the altar for a sweet savor, as its memorial, to יהוה.
16. That which is left of it Aaron and his sons shall eat. It shall be eaten without yeast in a holy place. They shall eat it in the court of the Tent of Meeting
17. It shall not be baked with yeast. I have given it as their portion of my offerings made by fire. It is most holy, as the sin offering, and as the trespass offering.
18. Every male among the children of Aaron shall eat of it, as their portion forever throughout your generations, from the offerings of יהוה made by fire. Whoever touches them shall be holy.’”
19. יהוה spoke to Moses, saying,
20. “This is the offering of Aaron and of his sons, which they shall offer to יהוה in the day when he is anointed: the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a meal offering perpetually, half of it in the morning, and half of it in the evening.
21. It shall be made with oil in a baking pan. When it is soaked, you shall bring it in. You shall offer the meal offering in baked pieces for a sweet savor to יהוה.
22. The anointed priest that will be in his place from among his sons shall offer it. By a statute forever, it shall be wholly burnt to יהוה.
23. Every meal offering of a priest shall be wholly burned. It shall not be eaten.”
24. יהוה spoke to Moses, saying,
25. “Speak to Aaron and to his sons, saying, ‘This is the law of the sin offering: in the place where the burnt offering is killed, the sin offering shall be killed before יהוה. It is most holy.
26. The priest who offers it for sin shall eat it. It shall be eaten in a holy place, in the court of the Tent of Meeting.
27. Whatever shall touch its flesh shall be holy. When there is any of its blood sprinkled on a garment, you shall wash that on which it was sprinkled in a holy place.
28. But the earthen vessel in which it is boiled shall be broken; and if it is boiled in a brazen vessel, it shall be scoured, and rinsed in water.
29. Every male among the priests shall eat of it: it is most holy.
30. No sin offering, of which any of the blood is brought into the Tent of Meeting to make atonement in the Holy Place, shall be eaten: it shall be burned with fire.
1. “‘This is the law of the trespass offering. It is most holy.
2. In the place where they kill the burnt offering, he shall kill the trespass offering; and its blood he shall sprinkle on the altar round about.
3. He shall offer all of its fat: the fat tail, and the fat that covers the innards,
4. And the two kidneys, and the fat that is on them, which is by the loins, and the cover on the liver, with the kidneys, shall he take away;
5. And the priest shall burn them on the altar for an offering made by fire to יהוה: it is a trespass offering.
6. Every male among the priests may eat of it. It shall be eaten in a holy place. It is most holy.
7. “‘As is the sin offering, so is the trespass offering; there is one law for them. The priest who makes atonement with them shall have it.
8. The priest who offers any man’s burnt offering, even the priest shall have for himself the skin of the burnt offering which he has offered.
9. Every meal offering that is baked in the oven, and all that is dressed in the frying pan, and on the baking pan, shall be the priest’s who offers it.
10. Every meal offering, mixed with oil or dry, belongs to all the sons of Aaron, one as well as another.
11. “‘This is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which one shall offer to יהוה.
12. If he offers it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mixed with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mixed with oil.
13. With cakes of leavened bread he shall offer his offering with the sacrifice of his peace offerings for thanksgiving.
14. Of it he shall offer one out of each offering for a heave offering to יהוה. It shall be the priest’s who sprinkles the blood of the peace offerings.
15. The flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings for thanksgiving shall be eaten on the day of his offering. He shall not leave any of it until the morning.
16. “‘But if the sacrifice of his offering is a vow, or a freewill offering, it shall be eaten on the day that he offers his sacrifice; and on the next day what remains of it shall be eaten:
17. But what remains of the flesh of the sacrifice on the third day shall be burned with fire.
18. If any of the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings is eaten on the third day, it will not be accepted, neither shall it be imputed to him who offers it. It will be an abomination, and the soul who eats any of it will bear his iniquity.
19. “‘The flesh that touches any unclean thing shall not be eaten. It shall be burned with fire. As for the flesh, everyone who is clean may eat it;
20. But the soul who eats of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings, that belongs to יהוה, having his uncleanness on him, that soul shall be cut off from his people.
21. When anyone touches any unclean thing, the uncleanness of man, or an unclean animal, or any unclean abomination, and eats some of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which belong to יהוה, that soul shall be cut off from his people.’”
22. יהוה spoke to Moses, saying,
23. “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘You shall eat no fat, of ox, or sheep, or goat.
24. The fat of that which dies of itself, and the fat of that which is torn of animals, may be used for any other service, but you shall in no way eat of it.
25. For whoever eats the fat of the animal, of which men offer an offering made by fire to יהוה, even the soul who eats it shall be cut off from his people.
26. You shall not eat any blood, whether it is of bird or of animal, in any of your dwellings.
27. Whoever it is who eats any blood, that soul shall be cut off from his people.’”
28. יהוה spoke to Moses, saying,
29. “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘He who offers the sacrifice of his peace offerings to יהוה shall bring his offering to יהוה out of the sacrifice of his peace offerings.
30. With his own hands he shall bring the offerings of יהוה made by fire. He shall bring the fat with the breast, that the breast may be waved for a wave offering before יהוה.
31. The priest shall burn the fat on the altar, but the breast shall be Aaron’s and his sons’.
32. The right thigh you shall give to the priest for a heave offering out of the sacrifices of your peace offerings.
33. He among the sons of Aaron who offers the blood of the peace offerings, and the fat, shall have the right thigh for a portion.
34. For the waved breast and the heaved thigh I have taken from the children of Israel out of the sacrifices of their peace offerings, and have given them to Aaron the priest and to his sons as their portion forever from the children of Israel.’”
35. This is the anointing portion of Aaron, and the anointing portion of his sons, out of the offerings of יהוה made by fire, in the day when he presented them to minister to יהוה in the priest’s office;
36. Which יהוה commanded to be given them of the children of Israel, in the day that he anointed them. It is their portion forever throughout their generations.
37. This is the law of the burnt offering, of the meal offering, and of the sin offering, and of the trespass offering, and of the consecration, and of the sacrifice of peace offerings;
38. Which יהוה commanded Moses in Mount Sinai, in the day that he commanded the children of Israel to offer their offerings to יהוה, in the wilderness of Sinai.
1. יהוה spoke to Moses, saying,
2. “Take Aaron and his sons with him, and the garments, and the anointing oil, and the bull of the sin offering, and the two rams, and the basket of unleavened bread;
3. And assemble all the congregation at the door of the Tent of Meeting.”
4. Moses did as יהוה commanded him; and the congregation was assembled at the door of the Tent of Meeting.
5. Moses said to the congregation, “This is the thing which יהוה has commanded to be done.”
7. He put the coat on him, tied the sash on him, clothed him with the robe, put the ephod on him, and he tied the skillfully woven band of the ephod on him, and fastened it to him with it.
8. He placed the breastplate on him; and in the breastplate he put the Urim and the Thummim.
9. He set the turban on his head; and on the turban, in front, he set the golden plate, the holy crown; as יהוה commanded Moses.
10. Moses took the anointing oil, and anointed the tabernacle and all that was in it, and sanctified them.
11. He sprinkled it on the altar seven times, and anointed the altar and all its vessels, and the basin and its base, to sanctify them.
12. He poured some of the anointing oil on Aaron’s head, and anointed him, to sanctify him.
14. He brought the bull of the sin offering, and Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the head of the bull of the sin offering.
15. He killed it; and Moses took the blood, and put it on the horns of the altar round about with his finger, and purified the altar, and poured out the blood at the base of the altar, and sanctified it, to make atonement for it.
16. He took all the fat that was on the innards, and the cover of the liver, and the two kidneys, and their fat; and Moses burned it on the altar.
17. But the bull, and its skin, and its flesh, and its dung, he burned with fire outside the camp; as יהוה commanded Moses.
18. He presented the ram of the burnt offering: and Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the head of the ram.
19. He killed it; and Moses sprinkled the blood on the altar round about.
20. He cut the ram into its pieces; and Moses burned the head, and the pieces, and the fat.
21. He washed the innards and the legs with water; and Moses burned the whole ram on the altar. It was a burnt offering for a sweet savor. It was an offering made by fire to יהוה; as יהוה commanded Moses.
22. He presented the other ram, the ram of consecration: and Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the head of the ram.
24. He brought Aaron’s sons; and Moses put some of the blood on the tip of their right ear, and on the thumb of their right hand, and on the great toe of their right foot; and Moses sprinkled the blood on the altar round about.
25. He took the fat, and the fat tail, and all the fat that was on the innards, and the cover of the liver, and the two kidneys, and their fat, and the right thigh;
26. And out of the basket of unleavened bread, that was before יהוה, he took one unleavened cake, and one cake of oiled bread, and one wafer, and placed them on the fat, and on the right thigh.
27. He put all these in Aaron’s hands and in his sons’ hands, and waved them for a wave offering before יהוה.
28. Moses took them from their hands, and burned them on the altar on the burnt offering. They were a consecration for a sweet savor. It was an offering made by fire to יהוה.
30. Moses took some of the anointing oil, and some of the blood which was on the altar, and sprinkled it on Aaron, on his garments, and on his sons, and on his sons’ garments with him, and sanctified Aaron, his garments, and his sons, and his sons’ garments with him.
31. Moses said to Aaron and to his sons, “Boil the flesh at the door of the Tent of Meeting, and there eat it and the bread that is in the basket of consecration, as I commanded, saying, ‘ Aaron and his sons shall eat it.’
32. What remains of the flesh and of the bread you shall burn with fire.
33. You shall not go out from the door of the Tent of Meeting seven days, until the days of your consecration are fulfilled: for he shall consecrate you seven days.
34. What has been done this day, so יהוה has commanded to do, to make atonement for you.
35. At the door of the Tent of Meeting you shall stay day and night seven days, and keep the charge of יהוה, that you don’t die: for so I am commanded.”
21. יהוה of Armies, the God of Israel says: “Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat meat.
22. For I didn’t speak to your fathers, nor command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
23. But this thing I commanded them, saying, ‘Listen to my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people; and walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you.’
24. But they didn’t listen nor turn their ear, but walked in their own counsels and in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.
25. Since the day that your fathers came out of the land of Egypt to this day, I have sent to you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:
26. Yet they didn’t listen to me, nor inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff: they did worse than their fathers.
27. “You shall speak all these words to them; but they will not listen to you: you shall also call to them; but they will not answer you.
28. You shall tell them, ‘This is the nation that has not listened to יהוה their God’s voice, nor received instruction. Truth has perished, and is cut off from their mouth.’
29. Cut off your hair, and throw it away, and take up a lamentation on the bare heights; for יהוה has rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.
30. “For the children of Judah have done that which is evil in my sight,” says יהוה. “They have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to defile it.
31. They have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I didn’t command, nor did it come into my mind.
32. Therefore behold, the days come”, says יהוה, “that it shall no more be called Topheth, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of Slaughter; for they shall bury in Topheth, until there is no place to bury.
33. The dead bodies of this people shall be food for the birds of the sky, and for the animals of the earth; and no one shall frighten them away.
34. Then I will cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride; for the land shall become a waste.”
1. “At that time,” says יהוה, “they shall bring out the bones of the kings of Judah, and the bones of his princes, and the bones of the priests, and the bones of the prophets, and the bones of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, out of their graves;
2. And they shall spread them before the sun, and the moon, and all the army of the sky, which they have loved, and which they have served, and after which they have walked, and which they have sought, and which they have worshiped: they shall not be gathered, nor be buried, they shall be for dung on the surface of the earth.
3. Death shall be chosen rather than life by all the residue that remain of this evil family, that remain in all the places where I have driven them,” says יהוה of Armies.
23. יהוה says, Don’t let the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, don’t let the rich man glory in his riches;
24. But let him who glories glory in this, that he has understanding, and knows me, that I am יהוה who exercises loving kindness, justice, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, says יהוה.